Monday, October 20, 2008

My Access

My access was an interesting experience for me because it had so many different features.  I really enjoyed it because of all the different tools that were available to me.  My favorite part of it was that I did not have to actually write the whole essay out. This program had a place for me to pre-write and then in the end, it included it into my essay.  Doing this gained me more points for a better grade.  I had to keep working on the essay to get a decent grade, and when my grade did go up I was really excited.  I was able to experience my access from a teachers point of view and from a students point of view.
From a teachers point of view it was very exciting because I was able to see my own progress when I was a student.  It came showed me exactly what I wrote and what I did wrong.  A really cool feature that my access had was it actually came with a note that the student can take home and show the parents how well they did on there essay and it showed there grade.  I thought this was amazing because it saves the teacher a lot of work.  (Not saying that for a teacher to be lazy, but it saves a lot of time).  
My experience as a student was great because I was able to edit everything that I worked on, and my favorite part as a student was when I handed in my essay, I got results right then and there.  I didn't have to wait for a teacher to check my essay and give me a grade.  Before I handed in the essay I was offered spell check and many other opportunities to make my essay better.  This gave me the confidence that I needed to get a better grade.  When I handed in my second essay and saw that I got a 4.2, I was very happy because the essay I previously handed in was a 2.5.  It made me happy to know that I actually progressed.  
I think that this program is a very positive program for both students and teachers.  Hopefully when I become a teacher this program will be used much more then it is being used now, because I truly enjoyed working with it.

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

Hi Adalise!

I enjoyed your view on My Access! Particularly, I liked your comment, "When I handed in my second essay and saw that I got a 4.2, I was very happy because the essay I previously handed in was a 2.5. It made me happy to know that I actually progressed."

This is the feeling your students should feel when they write. They should be motivated to try to improve, not be upset by their feedback.

Thanks again for a great posting!